Cliff and I just got home from a trip back east to Atlanta (hence the lack of posts and Flashback Friday). Cliff had a conference that he attended with students from his Personal Financial Planning program, and I tagged along! Cliff really enjoyed the conference; it confirmed that he's doing what's right for him/us, and working for something he really enjoys. He met great people and heard from some very prominent speakers. While he was in his classes, I went up to Chattanooga (Tennessee) one afternoon and had lunch with a colleague. I also got some work done in the hotel room, had some great R&R, and finished (started it on my flight) New Moon--the 2nd of the Twilight series (which that will be a post) while he was in classes in the morning.
While we were there, we toured the city, had great (but so bad for us) food, went to the movies, got lost a few times on the Atlanta freeways, and went to Six Flags! Everything was soooo wonderful. Thanks to another colleague who grew up in Atlanta, we knew what to do!
My mom offered to come watch Stone to give us a vacay by ourselves. It was our first time to leave this little guy!! He's my lil' companion day in and day out. He accompanies me to work (okay, my home office), we play with trucks and balls all day, eat, go running, swimming, etc. So to leave him for 5 days was INTENSE! We had a great time, but it was fun to come home to him. And, it was fun to spend some time with my mom. She spoiled the little guy, and we came back to a much fuller (cheeks, chin, tummy) baby! She's a pushover when it comes to Stone leading her to the pantry for treats. :)
Believe it or not, as flash happy as I am, we hardly got pictures of the trip!! I forgot our camera, and Cliff's phone was dead most of the trip, and he has the better camera on his phone. You'll just have to take our word that it was an amazing getaway, and we loved every second of it! It was a PERFECT getaway, and now we're back to life, back to reality.
Thank you soooo much, Mom, for watching Stone and spoiling us to shopping, as well. :) To see some of my mom's adventures with Stone, you can click here and here. I told her she was going to have her hands full, but apparently he was on his best behavior, and was an angel!
Though we did not get get pictures (well, Cliff took pics of me, but I will refrain from posting pics of me only), we did get a few with my mom.
Monday, September 29, 2008
R&R in Atlanta
Posted by
The Jessups
at
11:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
How awesome! I was so looking forward to some pictures but I'm glad you guys had a blast!!
ooh. i have always wanted to go to six flags. and it sounds like the trip was a delightful vacation. i'm jealous. :)
I'm glad you had a fun trip. Sounds so nice to get away. The pictures are cute, I like the fall banner. I clicked to your moms blog, she's hillarious, now I see where you get it. Hope reality isn't too crazy, way to get away.
I'm going through "Stone withdrawals" big time! He was so much fun. Miss you!
Post a Comment