Friday, March 15, 2013

Spring trip to Arizona!

We returned earlier this week from a week full of fun in Arizona. We went to visit my mom and Ray, and had a blast. The week was full of fun with cousins, hot tubbing, swimming, night fishing (2 times!), trumpet blowing, park playing, "Old Blue" riding, shopping, mini carnival riding, train riding, and lots of yummy food. We seriously had so much fun, and though we were sad to say goodbye, Cliff was anxious for our return!

Below was our second night fishing expedition. My mom has an awesome park and lake near her home, and this is one of my kids' favorite things to do with her now.




Here is Old Blue. My mom got this for my kids to play with, and she let Stone bring it home. Somehow we managed to squeeze it in my suit case. We've already taken it on trails and to the park since we've been home.

Stone was most excited about the heated pool when we were getting ready for the trip. Ray heated the pool up on our last day, and we had some more cousins over to enjoy the hot tub, pool, and hot dogs. The kids got plenty of hot tubbing in during our trip.

Emerson got the CUTEST swim hat before we left town. She wore this thing the entire time she was swimming. She loves this swim cap.





My mom and Ray were so much fun with us this week!

And now for an Instagram roundup:
Towards the beginning of our trip, we went to my aunt's home (Leann) and had a blast with my cousins (Ashley, Brad, Whitney, Tyler, Brittney) and their kids. Emerson now wants a turtle (see below). Wish she would have asked Santa for that instead of a dog! Too late. :)


If you check out my previous post, you'll see a couple pictures of Knox in an antique buggy for his 6 month portraits. Why yes, I strolled with that buggy through my mom's subdivision, and onto a busy road to snap a few. Well worth it!

My mom got Emerson a little makeup kit, and she was in heaven. She first put it on herself, then put it ALL over my mom and me. I had glitter all over my face, and my mom had eye shadow all over hers.

We had plenty of fun in the hot tub, and Knox got his first taste of swimming {it was more like a warm bath when we had him in}. He got to sport the Superman swim suit that Jordan and Rachel got Stone as a newborn. Emerson had a turn in it, and now it's Knox's turn. We've put this cute suit to great use.

This was our first night fishing expedition:

Last time we were in Arizona (July), Ray got a tent for the kids. Of course they love it. They fell asleep instantly one night after a fun day of playing hard:

Below are some cousins we had over Monday night for swimming and hot dogs.

Knox got to take a bath in CC's sink before church:


We crammed as much fun into our last day as possible. We went to my favorite Arizona park, Freestone, and since it was Spring Break, their rides were running, and we took full advantage of it. I laugh at this picture, because it looks like I took a picture of the little blonde girl. But no, my kids are on top!



We took a red eye flight home after a FULL day of fun. I have to say, red eyes are seriously the way to go!! If you know my kids, you know they are FULL of energy. Put them in an airport, and boy are your hands full. But at midnight, they were so well behaved. Tired and obedient. Getting through security with a stroller, car seat, 3 kids, a huge diaper bag, camera bag, and carry on for the kids is A LOT. But at midnight, it was SO smooth! On our way there, Cliff got a gate pass, and was able to take us all the way up, so that was incredibly helpful.

Can you find Emerson?

Our trip was SO much fun. We had a blast. We always love going to Arizona.

Thank you mom and Ray for a FABULOUS week full of fun and memories!!

5 comments:

Connie said...

It was so much fun and went by way too fast! Fun looking at all the pics and reliving the good times! Love y'all!!!

Ashley said...

Oh what a fun trip! So many good pictures. So jealous of warm swimming in warm weather. I will have to take your advice on the red eye. My biggest fear is them not falling asleep at all. Haha

Kristen and Andrew said...

Looks like SUCH a FUN trip!! I love all the pics. and am in love with E's swim cap!! Where did you get that!?

Globe Trotters said...

looks like you had a fun time in Arizona! Your kids are precious!

Chris and Carrie Elmore said...

Is that the swim suit stone wore forever, even when it was clearly too small?! Sounds like you all had fun. Your kids are adorable.