Tuesday, November 24, 2015

::3rd Marathon::Austin::San Antonio::

8 months ago when I had Cruz, I decided I wanted to run a marathon by the end of the year.  I signed up for the closest marathon that was on a Saturday (most are on Sundays). That was in New Braunfels, so we made a family trip out of it. We drove through Austin, but spent most of our time in San Antonio. We visited the Alamo, and walked along the Riverwalk. We had a great time! 

As for my marathon, I ran it just under 4 hours. I was on track to finish at about 3 1/2 hours, but at mile 22, I just hit a major wall. Out of nowhere, I just couldn't move! I was the third place female until about 17 miles. The half marathoners I was passing kept cheering me on, telling me I was the third female. It was a there-and-back course, so when I got close to the turnaround point, I started counting the runners. I think I was about 13th place and 3rd female. I started to fall behind a little by mile 20, and by mile 22, it was all about surviving! I've been saying this was my last marathon, and it may have been, but IF I do another one, I know I need to refuel during it (duh)...something I didn't do. I felt so good, and didn't take the time to refuel. Lesson learned. But overall, I was happy with it! I finished about the same time from my last marathon, but that was 10 years ago, pre babies. So I'll take that!







2 comments:

The Dalton's said...

Way to go, Kendal!!!

Evan and Lauren said...

Your family is adorable!! Way to go on your marathon- you need to give me some tips!! I feel like baby number 3 aged me 10 years!